Remote · Full-time
We are seeking a motivated, self-directed infrastructure lead who can be decisive when making technical decisions. You will be building our long-term infrastructure, so you will need to either troubleshoot what isn’t working or build what we don’t have. Many of the tools we need don’t exist, and that will be your job. Our work is asynchronous, with only ad-hoc meetings and a single daily check-in.
- You will troubleshoot, fix, and extend emacs language support for Terra and our prototype Alicorn language, especially when using doom emacs.
- You will build and maintain an automated backup solution using Nix
- You will maintain our nix-based company infrastructure servers and make decisions about what cloud providers or hardware we use.
- Using Nix Flakes, you will build a secure, portable, embeddable nix work profile that is compatible with hardware security keys on any nix machine.
- You must be capable of self-directed work with minimal supervision - you’ll have to break down your project assignment into steps yourself.
- Extensive experience with Nix and Linux. Passing familiarity with Nix is acceptable if you are an expert with Linux internals.
- Experience with emacs plugins and language servers.
- Experience with wireguard or other VPN networking solutions.
- At least some familiarity with hardware keys.
- Familiarity with any cloud provider and experience building a company intranet.
Because these qualifications involve many niche languages and tools, they are only guidelines. If you only meet some of them, please apply anyway!
- Extensive cloud sysops experience
- Extensive networking experience of any kind
- Being extremely paranoid about security
Our culture is that of neurodiversity. We are a collection of sometimes autistic, sometimes ADHD programming nerds who just want computers to work. Traditional work environments don’t work for us, so we are exploring alternatives, especially in VR. This will not be a normal workplace, and you will be a guinea pig, just like the rest of us, as we try to explore ways to be productive despite our quirks. Expect LGTBQ, plurality, autism, and other neurodiverse pride at work.
This is a full-time position at a small start-up working on cutting-edge technology, so we expect to pay an initial salary of about $30,000 - $40,000 per year (which will grow with the company). We offer standard Gold-level health insurance for all employees living in the United States. To supplement the salary, we include a profit-sharing plan for you instead of offering equity - the more money the company makes, the more money you make, without having to wait for an IPO. The company is at an extremely early stage, so you will help shape our future prospects and our culture going forward.
Fundament Software is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Please submit your resume and link to any appropriate project examples (github profile, website, etc.) in the comment section below.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.